Nate Dodson from TutVid provides a rundown of Photoshop errors that even pros encounter when touching up photographs.
Easy to miss faux pas such as selective colour, bad HDR, and over-sharpening are all called out as probable mistakes all Photoshoppers will be tempted to make at the risk of taste. The video shows that each tool has a purpose and points out when you might be using it wrong over overdoing it too much. It serves as both a refreshing visual guide for the Photoshop novice and aficionado alike.
Here are the 10 Photoshop mistakes pointed out by TutVid:
- • Bevel and Emboss [1:27]
- • Selective Color [4:39]
- • Over-Whitening Teeth [6:23]
- • Exporting any Code for Web Design [8:48]
- • Too much HDR/Unsharp Mask/High Pass/Clarity [10:14]
- • Retouching Directly on a Layer [13:22]
- • Applying Adjustments to a Layer [15:50]
- • Applying Filters Directly to a Layer [17:25]
- • Not using TypeKit [19:58]
- • Bad Selection Edges for a Composite [22:10]