Fujifilm has just formally announced the X-Pro2 at a press conference held in Tokyo.
The official product page for the X-Pro2 on the Fujifilm Australia site was prematurely made live earlier today, before they promptly took the page down. This, along with several other ‘accidental’ leaks, makes us wonder whether it was all part of a cunning marketing ploy…
It’s a move that mirrors Nikon New Zealand’s apparent Internet snafu last week which saw them share news of the as-yet-unannounced D5 on the Facebook page, before quickly deleting both the post and the page.
Anyway, onto the main event…
We can confirm that the much anticipated new X-Pro2 has a 24MP X-Trans CMOS III sensor and X Processor Pro.
- Advanced hybrid multi viewfinder
- 1/8000 sec. mechanical shutter
- Film Simulation ‘ACROS’
- 7×7 Phase Detection AF area— the number of selectable focus points has – been increased from 49 to 77
- Compressed RAW file format
- Weather resistant structure
- 3.0-inch (1,620K-dot) LCD monitor
- ISO 51,200
The X-Pro2 will be available from February, the price is as-yet unannounced.
Read the official press release from Fujifilm here.
We also have photos from the official event in Tokyo, where Lok and Rita are attending. It’s a beauty.