Fujifilm has just formally announced the X-Pro2, X70, X-E2s and the XF100-400 lens at a press conference held in Tokyo.
The official product pages on the Fujifilm Australia site were prematurely made live earlier today, before promptly taking the pages down. This, along with several other ‘accidental’ leaks, makes us wonder whether it was all part of a cunning marketing ploy…
It’s a move that mirrors Nikon New Zealand’s apparent Internet snafu last week which saw them share news of the as-yet-unannounced D5 on the Facebook page, before quickly deleting both the post and the page.
We can confirm that the much anticipated new X-Pro2 has a 24MP X-Trans CMOS III sensor and X Processor Pro.
- Advanced hybrid multi viewfinder
- 1/8000 sec. mechanical shutter
- Film Simulation ‘ACROS’
- 7×7 Phase Detection AF area— the number of selectable focus points has – been increased from 49 to 77
- Compressed RAW file format
- Weather resistant structure
- 3.0-inch (1,620K-dot) LCD monitor
- ISO 51,200
The X-Pro2 will be available from February.
Inside the X70 there’s a 16MP X-Trans CMOS II sensor and EXR Processor II.
- Advanced Rangefinder design
- Full auto mode
- AF Zone and Wide/Tracking modes—increased from 49 to 77 AF points
- Real-time viewfinder
- 3.0-inch 1,040K-dot LCD monitor
- ISO 51,200
- Improved performance and faster autofocus
- A new chapter in rangefinder design.
- Film simulation modes
The X70 will be available from February.
- 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor with built-in phase detection AF and EXR Processor II
- Real-time rangefinder-style viewfinder
- 2.36 million-dot organic EL display
- Display magnification of 0.62x
- Customisable function buttons
- Advanced SR Auto mode
- New AF system for capturing moving subjects, from 49 to 77 AF points
- Comprehensive line-up of 21 high-performance FUJINON X-mount lenses, covering ultra-wideangle to super telephoto
The X-E2s will be available from February.
- Reduced chromatic aberration for hi-res images
- Maximum magnification is 0.19x, for telephoto macro images.
- 5.0-stop image stabilisation
- Fast and quiet AF
- Compact and lightweight design
- Weight of under 1.4kg to reduce the strain of shooting handheld substantially.
- Weather/dust resistance— -10°C low-temperature operation and fluorine coating
- Lens hood with a polarising filter window and lock mechanism
- Compatible with the 1.4x Teleconverter
The Fujinon XF100-400 will be available from February.
- High-speed synchronisation (FP)
- Multiple flash-unit TTL auto function
- Weather and dust resistant
To be added to the premium ‘X-Series’ camera system accessory line-up in May 2016.